We are currently accepting applications for the position of Orchard Assistant. This position includes many varied tasks; you will gain experience in every area of the orchard. Duties for the Orchard Assistant position will include, but not be limited to:
- Planting apple trees and vegetables
- Weeding vegetable plot
- Mowing grass in orchards
- Spraying apples to manage disease and pests
- Duties to keep facility in good repair: painting, sweeping, mopping, general clean-up
- Harvesting and packaging fruits and vegetables
- Working in our retail store: providing customer service, keeping store clean and well-stocked
- Making jams, jellies and fruit butters in a commercial facility
- Packing weekly fruit shares for the Lake Superior CSA
- Pressing and bottling cider
- YOU ENJOY HARD WORK. You understand that farm work is not for the faint of heart. You enjoy the satisfaction that comes from a hard day of work.
- YOU WORK WELL WITH OTHERS. You understand that good relationships with co-workers are important when working for a company that employs a small group of people.
- YOU TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR WORK. You enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done.
- YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH TASKS INDEPENDENTLY. You thrive when you do not have a supervisor closely monitoring your various duties.
- PROFESSIONALISM IS IMPORTANT TO YOU. You show up and you show up on time. You show respect for people, the land and the facilities.
To apply, please contact Missy for an application at email@example.com or 715-779-5700.